Chocolate Crème Sandwich Cookie Truffles
Submitted by Emily P., marketing coordinator
• 1 (14 ounce) package chocolate sandwich cookies (such as Oreo®), crushed
• 1 (12 ounce) package vanilla-flavored almond bark, (use more as needed)
• 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
• “Extras” for toppings (additional crushed cookies, mini-chocolate or peanut-butter chips, cocoa powder, sprinkles, nonpareils, crushed candy canes, etc.)
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, mix crushed cookies and cream cheese to form a stiff dough. Shape into walnut-sized balls. Place on prepared pan and refrigerate/freeze about an hour.
3. Melt almond bark in a metal bowl over a pan of lightly simmering water. Stir occasionally until smooth, and remove from heat.
4. Remove balls from refrigerator. Insert a wooden toothpick into a ball, and dip into melted almond bark (you can also use a pair of forks). Return to parchment paper and remove toothpick. Repeat with remaining balls. Coating will harden as it cools, so if you wish to add toppings do so in small batches as you go.
5. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to set.
Tip: Use reduced-fat cookies and Neufchatel cheese for a lighter version (you won’t notice the difference!)