Why Choose Renewal by Andersen?
Trust Your Home to THE Replacement Window Experts
It may sound cliché, but there really is no place like home. It’s the place where you go to unwind after a long day…the place where you can be yourself and enjoy time with family.
Your house is more than just a building—it’s your home. The place where you make memories and celebrate moments, big and small. It’s yours, it’s unique, and it shouldn’t be treated just like every other house on the block.
And that’s why Renewal by Andersen was founded. At the heart of the matter, we believe that your home is uniquely yours, and that you deserve to have a different—and better—home improvement experience.
We got our start because replacement windows aren't a one-size-fits-all product—or, at least, they shouldn’t be. We ONLY do replacement windows—no new construction—and you can only get our windows from an official Renewal by Andersen retailer.
When homeowners choose to work with Renewal by Andersen, they have the peace of mind that every single part of their experience with us, from our white-glove, start-to-finish Signature Service process to their beautiful new windows that are custom crafted for their homes at our Minnesota-based manufacturing facility, is geared for their needs, specifically.*
Measure Twice; Cut Once
Most replacement window solutions are off-the-shelf, and are only available in standard sizes. Why bother measuring twice when it’s not the size of the window that has to change—it’s the size of the opening in your house that will have to be modified if the product doesn’t quite fit, right?
But at Renewal by Andersen, your order isn’t simply a matter of pulling a standard product off a shelf. Your replacement windows are a bespoke product—custom-built to fit within 1/16th of an inch of your existing window opening…which is why the “Measure Twice, Cut Once” adage is a gold standard for us.
We will measure, and re-measure, your windows for accuracy and assess the situation to plan for all elements of your project—because remember, your new windows are being custom made to fit your home, and your home alone.
Engineered for Excellence
Renewal by Andersen’s exclusive replacement windows are the product of decades of innovative engineering and rigorous testing that far exceeds industry standards.
That commitment to going above and beyond is evident in both the details you can see, like the old-world craftsmanship of our mortise-and-tenon corner joints, as well as in the revolutionary technology you can’t see, like our premium balancer system that helps makes window operation easy.
There are numerous patents approved or pending for our windows. You can find patented technology throughout our product lines including:
- Automotive-quality, three-piece weatherstripping system that provides superior weather tightness, helps guard against drafts and water infiltration, and can help reduce sound.
- Exclusive double-hung sash design with sashes counterbalanced by spring-powered balancers for easy opening and closing.
- Tilt-wash system allows for one-handed, inward tilting of both sashes for easy cleaning from the inside.
- Sill water-management system features a sill design that directs water out quickly and efficiently, helping keep the elements away.
- Dual monorail tracks and dual-cam locks on gliding windows minimize air and water infiltration in a superior way.
- Fibrex® composite material and mortise-and-tenon joints mean the extra strength to support some of the largest residential picture and gliding windows on the market today.
Visit our product detail pages to learn more about the technology available on each of our window types.
Behind the Glass
Home improvement pro, TV personality, and designer John Colaneri was so impressed with the engineering in his Renewal by Andersen replacement windows, he travelled to one of our manufacturing facilities in North Branch, Minnesota, to learn more about the Andersen-exclusive Fibrex composite material, and to meet with the engineers and designers and go behind the scenes of some of their rigorous testing protocols.
Built to Last
When you think “replacement windows,” you may think of vinyl. And why not? It seems to be everywhere. There are companies on TV and the radio all the time with catchy jingles that make it sound like vinyl is the holy grail of inexpensive home improvement products.
At Renewal by Andersen, we believe that the better way to a better replacement window is more than having a clever tune and some flashy ads. We believe that it takes a start-to-finish process, exceptional engineering and innovation, and custom-crafted windows built from a material that can stand the test of time.
Enter the proprietary, Andersen-exclusive, Fibrex® composite material.
Perfected 1992, Fibrex material is a revolutionary window frame option that offers the strength and stability of wood and the low-maintenance features of vinyl, while also reducing the thermal transfer found in other popular materials such as aluminum.
Pick a performance metric: efficiency, strength and durability, maintenance, beauty…whichever factor is most important to you (and we hope they all are!), Fibrex material can make a difference in every instance.
Fibrex composite is durable, beautiful, and ideally suited for made-to-order replacement windows—in fact, it was designed to help redefine the window replacement industry. Which is why the ONLY place you can get custom-made windows crafted from this revolutionary material is from Renewal by Andersen—the company that was ALSO launched to help redefine the window replacement industry.
Why do we use Fibrex® composite material for our windows?
- Smart Materials. Fibrex material is twice as strong as vinyl, so weathertight seals stay weathertight. Its strength also means thinner frames and more glass area.
- Exceptional Comfort. Fibrex material blocks thermal transfer nearly 700 times better than aluminum to help reduce heating and cooling bills.
- Commitment to Sustainability. Fibrex material is crafted from reclaimed wood and polymers, can help reduce heating and cooling costs, and has a long product lifecycle, meaning less waste in landfills.
- Color Choice. Our unique process fuses color to Fibrex material for long-lasting beauty. And it allows us to offer dark exterior colors not available on most other replacement windows.
- Outstanding Durability. Fibrex material is 2x strong as vinyl and retains its stability and rigidity in all climates. It is warranted to not rot, chip, corrode, flake, or peel, and it never needs painting.^
Built by the Best; Backed by the Best.
So, what does all this mean for you as you are trying to decide on your new windows?
It means when you work with Renewal by Andersen, you’ll get an exclusive window-replacement product that is durable, beautiful, and customized to fit your home.
It means you will have windows that stand the test of time—and are backed by our industry-leading, Nation’s Best, fully transferrable, limited warranty.# †
More than anything, it means that while the seasons may change (dramatically) and that your children will grow up (too quickly), we are committed to standing by our product, today, tomorrow, and years into the future.^ We believe that a warranty should be more than just a period of time: the quality of a warranty matters; what and how things are covered matters.
Our limited warranty is one of the strongest you’ll find on any window or door, at any price. It’s non-prorated and fully transferable. Every window we make is labeled with our toll-free number, should you have any issues with your windows. Highlights to the warranty include:
- NO maintenance requirement
- Automatic transferability
- Installation coverage
- NO restrictions for high altitude or coastal homes
- Labor included for valid warranty claims
- Clarity—easy for a homeowner to understand
- Additional benefits (color fade, insect screens, and hardware)
Learn more about the Renewal by Andersen warranty and do a side-by-side comparison with the competitions’ warranties here.
Ready to see for yourself the difference Renewal by Andersen's exclusive replacement windows can make in your home?
*Using U.S. and imported parts ^See limited warrant for details #Based on testing of 10 double-hung units per ASTM E2068 20 years after installation. †Visit renewalbyandersen/nationsbest for details